Hope everyone is having a spectacular Good Friday! I know many people who are off work today, but sadly the husband is still working and I actually had to run some errands at the school this morning. Nevertheless, I am excited about the upcoming Easter weekend!
5 Things I’m Doing This Weekend:
- Trying to convince one of my parents to come and visit. It’s a long shot, but worth a try!
- Instead of a fancy Easter dinner, we’re going to have a huge braai (or is it braii? haha not sure – but it’s basically a barbeque or cookout) at another South African friend’s house. We knew some people who just moved across the country who owned a restaurant and a farm here in town. So they just left behind a ton of meat in the freezer which is sure to be delicious.
- Easter church service. We’re gonna try and recruit friends to go with us this time. The Easter service is always spectacular. I’ll also be volunteering in the nursery this weekend! Yay for babies 🙂
- Trying to scout out some baby heirloom tomato plants. It’s kindof getting too late to start from seeds, so we’re looking for transplants. I really want heirlooms though and they are not easy to find!
- Finishing the master bathroom. Blech. Not a fun job, but it needs to be done!
5 Things I’ve Eaten Lately:
- Wraps of all kinds! It’s my new go-to lunch these days.
- Black bean fajita casserole. Original recipe that I plan on posting! Stay tuned 🙂
- Nutella hot chocolate cake. Some friends invited us out to dinner but we had already eaten so we decided to stop by for dessert. It did not disappoint.
- Grapes. Perhaps this is a pregnancy craving. I love fruit, but grapes have never been at the top of my list. Interestingly enough, the 2 most common pregnancy cravings are ice cream and fruit!
- Mango salsa strikes again! I can’t get enough of this stuff. I promise there is a big piece of salmon hidden under the mountain of salsa!
5 Things I’ve Pinned:
- Awesome leggings!
- Asparagus & Ricotta Pizza.
- Chocolate Cream Pie.
- Nectarine and Burrata Bite Crostini. So fancy.
- This swimsuit! Love the crossover top and the print on the bottom! Want.
5 Glamorous Things About Parenting A Toddler:
- Boogers/snot smeared on your chest. They will avoid the tissue at all costs, but can’t wait to get a good wipe in on your clean shirt.
- Beans are yummy, but not easily digested by a toddler. That was not a fun diaper.
- Digging in dirt happens every. single. time. they go outside. Black fingernails are gross.
- They giggle at their own farts.
- They dig things out of the trash can because surely this is just a giant stinky toy box. (I think it’s time for a baby-proof trashcan!)
Have a glorious Easter weekend!
HOW BOUT THEM CATS?!?!?!
This weekend was full of basketball, good friends, and good times! Kentucky is headed to the Final Four and Lexington is getting crazier by the minute.
On Friday we went to a friends house and grilled out burgers (with the free ground beef I scored!). We topped them with cream cheese and sweet chili sauce… ok I know, sounds like the weirdest burger topping EVER but it was SOOOO GOOOOD! We then put the baby to bed upstairs and sat around the fire pit talking about randomness until the game started at 9:45. Somehow in the conversation, I opened up to my friends about my hormonal problems/infertility and my need to gain weight. I’ve always been a very private person about things like this, but I can’t tell you how good it feels to actually talk about that stuff to real people! Their reactions were much more positive than I was expecting and I feel kinda stupid for trying to hide stuff all the time. I once heard at church that we intimidate others with our strength and connect to others with our weaknesses. What a great example of how true this is!
Saturday was supposed to be the day of my big half marathon race. I was registered and everything. This was definitely one of my biggest obstacles to committing to full recovery… I just really didn’t want to let this race go. But I did. And the world is still turning. On the bright side, I still got to go to the race as a volunteer. The swim team I coach used it as a fundraising opportunity, so we were there cleaning up around the finish area. But goodness, the weather was AWFUL. It started out fine but the temperature plummeted and the rain and wind just kept picking up. By the end, I was honestly glad I didn’t run it!
We spent that afternoon doing some major house cleaning and we started working on the master bathroom (which is currently not in use… our house was a disaster when we bought it last year!) We went to another friend’s house for dinner that night. The host is from California and her parents send her fresh produce all the time. That girl can cook! I am always so impressed with her dishes!
We went to the early church service on Sunday and then I worked in the nursery for the later service. In the afternoon we went to yet another friends house to pick up some plants they are trying to get rid of since they are moving. We came home with several strawberry, blackberry, raspberry, arctic kiwi, and blueberry plants. I think we are all set for berries this summer, y’all. So excited about this!!!
After that, the cats played in the Elite 8 against Michigan and WE DID IT AGAIN! So it’s on to the Final Four!
As of today, I have been through 5 weeks of ED recovery. I thought I’d do a little “mini progress check” rather than a whole post. There will be some numbers posted here, just FYI.
- I am still gaining weight – it does not seem to be slowing down.
- I have gained an additional 3 lbs since my last progress check. My BMI is now 21.5.
- Extreme hunger is gone. What I’ve noticed is that my amount of weight gain does not seem to correlate with my actual intake. For example, I’ve had weeks where extreme hunger has caused me to eat waaaayyy above my minimums, and weeks where I seem to be right on my minimums. Yet I still seem to gain about 2.5 or 3 lbs a week. I am really starting to see evidence that what I’ve been reading on Your Eatopia is true! There is no need to fear extreme hunger!
How do you feel about running or any other aerobic exercise for those who are recovering from an ED? Can it be done in a healthful manner?
Any ideas or recipes with berries? I am probably going to end up with tons all at once!
Also, follow me @sydwitz on Instagram! My account is set to private but I will approve all my lovely blog readers! My pics are mostly babies and food!
Note: I have updated my About section to share a little piece of my background if you are interested!
Today I’m blogging from Nashville, TN! I am spending the weekend and part of next week at my parents house. I have a 9-year-old brother and it is Spring Break for him. I am basically just trying to live vicariously through him and pretending I’m on spring break too.
This was me and my brother when I was in high school (we are 16 years apart!) It is crazy that my daughter is about this age now!!
Since I was too lazy to pack my laptop, I am attempting to do this from my husband’s iPad. Also, since last week was kind of a poopy one for me (and I also did a terrible job of taking pictures) this week’s 5 things will be all about the weekend ahead! Bear with me guys, I’m a noob.
Thank you to the wonderful Clare for hosting!
5 Things I Want to Do:
- Get the movie Frozen and watch it with baby girl and bro.
- Spend some quality outdoor time with my bro… he’s such a video game addict!
- Going out to eat with my parents… and NOT stressing about it! Not one bit.
- Read Divergent. Yep, I went to WalMart last night and bought it. I caved.
- Do some solo yoga + meditation (with the added bonus of having my parents to babysit!)
I know – I am such a party animal. Spring Break 2014, you better watch out!
5 Things I Want to Eat:
- Tacos – preferably from the Local Taco.
- Anything from the Cheesecake Factory. (We don’t have one in Lexington!) Cheesecake is my kryptonite.
- Mom’s homemade chocolate cake. Oh wait, I already had some. I had it the second I walked in the door, actually.
- Salad. Yep, I actually want it. I’m not in the mood for cooked vegetables. Salad it is.
- Well this isn’t a food buuuuttt…. sweet tea! I’m back in the south y’all – sweet tea is a must.
5 Things I Want to Pray About:
- That my brother is happy, and that he will find a path to Jesus. I won’t get into details, but the poor kid has it kinda rough.
- That everyone enjoys the company of family, and that this weekend will bring us closer to each other.
- That my parents, who I feel also struggle with disordered eating, find peace and self-acceptance, just as I am learning to do now.
- For the safety of my husband. Who is going hiking and camping this weekend… and not like RV or even tent camping. He’s carrying everything on a backpack and is sleeping in a hammock. I will pray for his strength and for good weather! And also that the bears are not hungry.
- That this weekend will give me time to rest, mentally and physically. That it will strengthen my ED recovery process.
Hope everyone has a killer weekend! And if it is spring break for you, be safe and have a blast!