Hope everyone is having a spectacular Good Friday! I know many people who are off work today, but sadly the husband is still working and I actually had to run some errands at the school this morning. Nevertheless, I am excited about the upcoming Easter weekend!
5 Things I’m Doing This Weekend:
- Trying to convince one of my parents to come and visit. It’s a long shot, but worth a try!
- Instead of a fancy Easter dinner, we’re going to have a huge braai (or is it braii? haha not sure – but it’s basically a barbeque or cookout) at another South African friend’s house. We knew some people who just moved across the country who owned a restaurant and a farm here in town. So they just left behind a ton of meat in the freezer which is sure to be delicious.
- Easter church service. We’re gonna try and recruit friends to go with us this time. The Easter service is always spectacular. I’ll also be volunteering in the nursery this weekend! Yay for babies 🙂
- Trying to scout out some baby heirloom tomato plants. It’s kindof getting too late to start from seeds, so we’re looking for transplants. I really want heirlooms though and they are not easy to find!
- Finishing the master bathroom. Blech. Not a fun job, but it needs to be done!
5 Things I’ve Eaten Lately:
- Wraps of all kinds! It’s my new go-to lunch these days.
- Black bean fajita casserole. Original recipe that I plan on posting! Stay tuned 🙂
- Nutella hot chocolate cake. Some friends invited us out to dinner but we had already eaten so we decided to stop by for dessert. It did not disappoint.
- Grapes. Perhaps this is a pregnancy craving. I love fruit, but grapes have never been at the top of my list. Interestingly enough, the 2 most common pregnancy cravings are ice cream and fruit!
- Mango salsa strikes again! I can’t get enough of this stuff. I promise there is a big piece of salmon hidden under the mountain of salsa!
5 Things I’ve Pinned:
- Awesome leggings!
- Asparagus & Ricotta Pizza.
- Chocolate Cream Pie.
- Nectarine and Burrata Bite Crostini. So fancy.
- This swimsuit! Love the crossover top and the print on the bottom! Want.
5 Glamorous Things About Parenting A Toddler:
- Boogers/snot smeared on your chest. They will avoid the tissue at all costs, but can’t wait to get a good wipe in on your clean shirt.
- Beans are yummy, but not easily digested by a toddler. That was not a fun diaper.
- Digging in dirt happens every. single. time. they go outside. Black fingernails are gross.
- They giggle at their own farts.
- They dig things out of the trash can because surely this is just a giant stinky toy box. (I think it’s time for a baby-proof trashcan!)
Have a glorious Easter weekend!
Note: I have updated my About section to share a little piece of my background if you are interested!
Today I’m blogging from Nashville, TN! I am spending the weekend and part of next week at my parents house. I have a 9-year-old brother and it is Spring Break for him. I am basically just trying to live vicariously through him and pretending I’m on spring break too.
This was me and my brother when I was in high school (we are 16 years apart!) It is crazy that my daughter is about this age now!!
Since I was too lazy to pack my laptop, I am attempting to do this from my husband’s iPad. Also, since last week was kind of a poopy one for me (and I also did a terrible job of taking pictures) this week’s 5 things will be all about the weekend ahead! Bear with me guys, I’m a noob.
Thank you to the wonderful Clare for hosting!
5 Things I Want to Do:
- Get the movie Frozen and watch it with baby girl and bro.
- Spend some quality outdoor time with my bro… he’s such a video game addict!
- Going out to eat with my parents… and NOT stressing about it! Not one bit.
- Read Divergent. Yep, I went to WalMart last night and bought it. I caved.
- Do some solo yoga + meditation (with the added bonus of having my parents to babysit!)
I know – I am such a party animal. Spring Break 2014, you better watch out!
5 Things I Want to Eat:
- Tacos – preferably from the Local Taco.
- Anything from the Cheesecake Factory. (We don’t have one in Lexington!) Cheesecake is my kryptonite.
- Mom’s homemade chocolate cake. Oh wait, I already had some. I had it the second I walked in the door, actually.
- Salad. Yep, I actually want it. I’m not in the mood for cooked vegetables. Salad it is.
- Well this isn’t a food buuuuttt…. sweet tea! I’m back in the south y’all – sweet tea is a must.
5 Things I Want to Pray About:
- That my brother is happy, and that he will find a path to Jesus. I won’t get into details, but the poor kid has it kinda rough.
- That everyone enjoys the company of family, and that this weekend will bring us closer to each other.
- That my parents, who I feel also struggle with disordered eating, find peace and self-acceptance, just as I am learning to do now.
- For the safety of my husband. Who is going hiking and camping this weekend… and not like RV or even tent camping. He’s carrying everything on a backpack and is sleeping in a hammock. I will pray for his strength and for good weather! And also that the bears are not hungry.
- That this weekend will give me time to rest, mentally and physically. That it will strengthen my ED recovery process.
Hope everyone has a killer weekend! And if it is spring break for you, be safe and have a blast!
5 Blogs I’m Reading:
- Fitting It All In
- Your Eatopia
- Better with Sprinkles
- Run Pretty
- My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries
My blog reading has shifted a lot from HLB’s that focus on diet, nutrition, and fitness to ones that focus on balance, ED recovery, and life in general. Right now I’m enjoying people who just want to be REAL rather than be the best. Sadly, I’ve had to stop visiting a few of my old faves since it can sometimes be triggering to slip back into my old ways. Hopefully with time I can overcome this!
5 Things I Ate:
- Pizza!! BBQ pizza with roasted butternut squash, goat cheese, and arugula. I think the recipe came from Healthy Tipping Point?
- Homemade chicken salad sandwich with cranberries and walnuts. I haven’t had chicken salad in like 2 years! What was I waiting for?
- Plantain protein pancakes with honey, shredded coconut, and pumpkin seeds.
- Baked mahi mahi over arugula with mango salsa. Wish I had a photo of this guys… it was so pretty!!
- Real. Ice. Cream. Not fro-yo. Not frozen bananas. The real deal from Baskin Robbins. I can’t even remember the last time I let myself have real ice cream. I don’t even remember what flavor I had. All I know is it did NOT disappoint… and I felt zero guilt afterward. Win.
5 Things I Bought:
- Pink Kentucky jersey for baby. I know we suck at football. I don’t care. This is so cute it makes me cry.
- Baby sandals. Adorbs – but they’re almost too small already. I hope they still fit for our vacation in May! Sidenote: it is nearly impossible to take pictures of baby feet – they never stay still! Also, she cried when I tried to take them off.
- Ralph Lauren button down sleveless top with khaki shorts. Again, I die from cuteness. What a little prepster she will be.
- Striped yellow outfit for spring. We needed some stuff for the cooler months and we don’t have anything yellow.
- Swimsuit for Florida in May! Her others are too small now.
Aaaaannnnd… I realize that everything I bought was for the baby. In my defense, it got it all for $26 at a consignment sale!
Five things I’m looking forward to:
- SPRING!! Enough said. Melt, snow, melt!!
- Florida vacation in spring. Beach beach beach!! Tan tan tan!!
- Our first wedding anniversary next month!
- Spending more quality time with my little stinker now that coaching is over.
- More ice cream. Definitely more ice cream.
What do you think? Froyo or real ice cream? What have you all been looking forward to lately?
Happy Friday everyone ❤