Hope everyone is having a spectacular Good Friday! I know many people who are off work today, but sadly the husband is still working and I actually had to run some errands at the school this morning. Nevertheless, I am excited about the upcoming Easter weekend!
5 Things I’m Doing This Weekend:
- Trying to convince one of my parents to come and visit. It’s a long shot, but worth a try!
- Instead of a fancy Easter dinner, we’re going to have a huge braai (or is it braii? haha not sure – but it’s basically a barbeque or cookout) at another South African friend’s house. We knew some people who just moved across the country who owned a restaurant and a farm here in town. So they just left behind a ton of meat in the freezer which is sure to be delicious.
- Easter church service. We’re gonna try and recruit friends to go with us this time. The Easter service is always spectacular. I’ll also be volunteering in the nursery this weekend! Yay for babies 🙂
- Trying to scout out some baby heirloom tomato plants. It’s kindof getting too late to start from seeds, so we’re looking for transplants. I really want heirlooms though and they are not easy to find!
- Finishing the master bathroom. Blech. Not a fun job, but it needs to be done!
5 Things I’ve Eaten Lately:
- Wraps of all kinds! It’s my new go-to lunch these days.
- Black bean fajita casserole. Original recipe that I plan on posting! Stay tuned 🙂
- Nutella hot chocolate cake. Some friends invited us out to dinner but we had already eaten so we decided to stop by for dessert. It did not disappoint.
- Grapes. Perhaps this is a pregnancy craving. I love fruit, but grapes have never been at the top of my list. Interestingly enough, the 2 most common pregnancy cravings are ice cream and fruit!
- Mango salsa strikes again! I can’t get enough of this stuff. I promise there is a big piece of salmon hidden under the mountain of salsa!
5 Things I’ve Pinned:
- Awesome leggings!
- Asparagus & Ricotta Pizza.
- Chocolate Cream Pie.
- Nectarine and Burrata Bite Crostini. So fancy.
- This swimsuit! Love the crossover top and the print on the bottom! Want.
5 Glamorous Things About Parenting A Toddler:
- Boogers/snot smeared on your chest. They will avoid the tissue at all costs, but can’t wait to get a good wipe in on your clean shirt.
- Beans are yummy, but not easily digested by a toddler. That was not a fun diaper.
- Digging in dirt happens every. single. time. they go outside. Black fingernails are gross.
- They giggle at their own farts.
- They dig things out of the trash can because surely this is just a giant stinky toy box. (I think it’s time for a baby-proof trashcan!)
Have a glorious Easter weekend!