Okayyyy first let me apologize about the bullets + numbers thing going on in this post. I was clearly having some formatting issues between word and wordpress. Blogging expert I am not. I’ll get the hang of it one day!
Alrightey – 5 Things Friday, ready GO! (Thanks again for hosting Clare!)
Five Things I’ve Eaten
- 1. Mangoes for days! They were perfectly ripe and a dollar each. (They were also great in my tilapia with mango salsa!)
- 2. Pesto-balsamic chicken. I didn’t get a pic dangit! Basically just brush on some pesto then drizzle with balsamic glaze and bake.
- 3. Yogurt. Lots and lots of it! I’ve been loving Stonyfield’s plain whole milk variety. So rich and creamy! I eat it for breakfast and dessert (well, with the addition of some chocolate and peanut butter !)
- 4. Homemade cookies. It’s been far too long since I’ve made homemade cookies. These peanut butter cookies really hit the spot! Real butter, real sugar, you know… the whole shebang. I halved this recipe and tweaked it with the addition of vanilla extract. Vanilla can only make things better.
- 5. Asparagus! Twice in one week. It’s been on sale for less than $2 a bunch so I can’t resist. Plus, it goes great with fish, which I’ve also had twice this week. Now if I could just get my toddler to eat it…
Five Things To Do In April
- 1. Watch the Kentucky Wildcats win their 9th National Championship! *Fingers crossed!*
- 2. Celebrate Easter! I mean really celebrate the meaning behind it. This is my first Easter since I have been baptized.
- 3. Baby girl’s first Easter egg hunt! Haha she’s not doing so good with her “training” plan that we devised. Oh well, she’ll still have fun!
- 4. Make our backyard pretty! We have been removing dead trees and weeds the past couple days and it is hard work. Hopefully it all pays off!
- 5. Celebrate both my husband’s birthday… he’ll be 28 on the 23rd! And our first wedding anniversary on the 10th (unfortunately the swim team banquet is on our anniversary… so we will be celebrating on the 11th!)
Five+ Things in my Garden – we shall see what actually produces!
- 1. Broccoli
- 2. Kale
- 3. Strawberries
- 4. Raspberries
- 5. Blueberries
- 6. Blackberries
- 7. Bok Choi
- 8. Spinach
- 9. Bibb Lettuce
- 10. Mesclun
- 11. Arctic Kiwi
- 12. Mint (in a pot)
- 13. Basil (in a pot)
- 14. These beauties.
- I’d really like to do another garden post here soon. We’ve made a lot of progress, including adding a second raised bed and cleaning out some additional old beds. If all of this works out we’re going to be eating super healthy this summer! And it will drastically reduce our grocery spending.
Five Random Thoughts In My Head
- 1. Warning – girly/period/HA-related talk here! Okay, call me crazy, but I seriously think I actually FELT myself ovulate. There was a somewhat sharp, but not strong, lingering pain in my lower left abdomen, right where my ovary is. Then pain lasted about 16 hours and then disappeared completely. I know self-diagnosis is stupid, but it all checks out… ovulation pain! If this is true, then I am so so so happy y’all. If not, well, then I’m not upset either. I will keep you posted on whether or not the monthly visitor decides to show up!
- 2. I keep thinking about this article that discusses the relationship between eating disorders and cancer. Very interesting! Check it out at http://everythingchangesbook.com/kairol/cancer-and-eating-disorders
- 3. I can’t decide where I want to go out to eat for our anniversary dinner. I can’t even decide on a type of cuisine. Why is it that husbands can be so opinionated at times, yet when you really need their opinion, they just want to be “nice” and let you decide? Harumph.
- 4. Yard work is so freakin hard you guys. On Wednesday, I cut down a whole TREE with a saw. I then sawed off every single branch until it was nothing but a log. I conquered that tree. Sidenote, I really hate to cut down a tree that isn’t dead. But this one was blocking light in our garden and might have kept our plants from growing. Plus in was planted like right up next to the house and blocked the light coming in the living room window. [Me after tree… so hawt.]
- 5. I have had bizarre nightmares/dreams for the past couple nights. One night I had 3 separate dreams. I had to wake up and pee in between each one. What’s crazy is that I remembered all 3 of them, which is most likely due to the fact that I got up and consciously thought about each one before going back to bed.
What big things are you doing in April?
What is your favorite kind of cookie?
Can anyone identify that flower?? If I was in Hogwarts, I would fail herbology fo sho…