Note: I have updated my About section to share a little piece of my background if you are interested!
Today I’m blogging from Nashville, TN! I am spending the weekend and part of next week at my parents house. I have a 9-year-old brother and it is Spring Break for him. I am basically just trying to live vicariously through him and pretending I’m on spring break too.
This was me and my brother when I was in high school (we are 16 years apart!) It is crazy that my daughter is about this age now!!
Since I was too lazy to pack my laptop, I am attempting to do this from my husband’s iPad. Also, since last week was kind of a poopy one for me (and I also did a terrible job of taking pictures) this week’s 5 things will be all about the weekend ahead! Bear with me guys, I’m a noob.
Thank you to the wonderful Clare for hosting!
5 Things I Want to Do:
- Get the movie Frozen and watch it with baby girl and bro.
- Spend some quality outdoor time with my bro… he’s such a video game addict!
- Going out to eat with my parents… and NOT stressing about it! Not one bit.
- Read Divergent. Yep, I went to WalMart last night and bought it. I caved.
- Do some solo yoga + meditation (with the added bonus of having my parents to babysit!)
I know – I am such a party animal. Spring Break 2014, you better watch out!
5 Things I Want to Eat:
- Tacos – preferably from the Local Taco.
- Anything from the Cheesecake Factory. (We don’t have one in Lexington!) Cheesecake is my kryptonite.
- Mom’s homemade chocolate cake. Oh wait, I already had some. I had it the second I walked in the door, actually.
- Salad. Yep, I actually want it. I’m not in the mood for cooked vegetables. Salad it is.
- Well this isn’t a food buuuuttt…. sweet tea! I’m back in the south y’all – sweet tea is a must.
5 Things I Want to Pray About:
- That my brother is happy, and that he will find a path to Jesus. I won’t get into details, but the poor kid has it kinda rough.
- That everyone enjoys the company of family, and that this weekend will bring us closer to each other.
- That my parents, who I feel also struggle with disordered eating, find peace and self-acceptance, just as I am learning to do now.
- For the safety of my husband. Who is going hiking and camping this weekend… and not like RV or even tent camping. He’s carrying everything on a backpack and is sleeping in a hammock. I will pray for his strength and for good weather! And also that the bears are not hungry.
- That this weekend will give me time to rest, mentally and physically. That it will strengthen my ED recovery process.
Hope everyone has a killer weekend! And if it is spring break for you, be safe and have a blast!